March

Dr. Roger K. Leir

Written by BlueAlien. 60 comments Posted in: News

Today is a sad day to report the passing of Dr. Roger K. Leir, we have lost a great family man, podiatrist and devoted ufologist. He will be greatly missed by all.

Dr. Roger K. Leir

Please post your condolences and if you wish help make a Memorial Donation, please click below.

Thank You for your consideration and wishful thoughts.

60 Responses

1. BlueAlien

I’m deeply sadden of the news and want to Thank you for all the work you shared as you will be always remembered.

~ Rich

March 15, 2014 at 1:28 pm
  2. Angel Espino

My deepest condolences to his family. I got the chance to meet him briefly last year, and he was going to be a guest on my radio show in a few weeks. I spoke to him just a month ago when we had Jose Escamilla on my show, and he was very upbeat, and was keen on being on the show also. Very nice man. Such a shame, and will miss him deeply. He had a major impact on a lot of people. RIP.

March 15, 2014 at 1:39 pm
  3. Denise Walker

Great man Heard Him On Coast to Coast many Times.

March 15, 2014 at 2:06 pm
  4. Chris Noel

Roger, Ron and I will miss you very much. Ron was the last patient you removed an implant from, and I know he is most grateful for everything you did for him. Farewell, dear friend, until we meet again on the other side.
    -Ron and Chris Noel

March 15, 2014 at 2:19 pm
  5. Bonnie Stanley

So sorry to hear. I wanted to meet him. I hope we can find someone who will be brave enough to continue his work.

March 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm
  6. Sheila

Very sad to hear. He was such a wonderful man that I’m glad I had the pleasure to meet. My condolences to his family.

March 15, 2014 at 4:26 pm
  7. candy e

I am sad to here this. Roger was a friend, and always had a hug for me when I would see him… His intellect, hard work, special works, and his kind and gentle ways will be missed. He has so many friends and associates whose lives were made better just by having known him. My condolences to his daughter, son, wife and the rest of his family. I am very sad…

March 15, 2014 at 6:39 pm
  8. Daniel Muñoz

My dear amigo Roger, it’s been a honour to work several times alongside with you, and to be consideres as your friend, in the very same way I considered you one of my great friends in UFO field… May you rest in peace, as your family, and may God and the Goddess be your New model to follow there, where finally you now are able to live to… My greetings for you, amigo mío, and my very best with es of Light and Spiritual Progress… Blessings!

Daniel Muñoz

March 15, 2014 at 11:15 pm
  9. Michael K

Best wishes, love, and warmest regards always.

March 15, 2014 at 11:34 pm
  10. Chieko

I am just gutted to hear this news…Roger Leir was such a genuinely kind man, a truly unique soul & a pleasure to know. I have totally supported A&S research for years. It’s such a huge loss for us all. My thoughts & sympathies go out to his family. He will never be forgotten!

March 16, 2014 at 2:05 am
  11. philip mantle

So sorry to hear that Roger had died. I know he like me had battled heart problems for many years. RIP old friend.

March 16, 2014 at 4:23 am
  12. Scott C. Waring

This is heartbreaking news. I had no idea he was ill. How did he pass away? I mean what was the cause?

March 16, 2014 at 5:33 am
  13. Michel M. Deschamps

My condolences to his family, friends and those who personally knew him.

He will be greatly missed…not only by these people, but also by those in UFOlogical circles. Rest in Peace, Dr. Leir. :)

March 16, 2014 at 8:16 am
  14. Lee bolger

Will be sadly missed and iam sure often quoted with fondness and respect x.

March 16, 2014 at 8:30 am
  15. Cliff Gerry

I am saddened and shocked to hear this news. He has been an inspiration of mine in my research. He showed me that you could indeed make headway in the cut-throat would of ufology. I spoke to him face to face once and he was an incredible man, who exuded knowledge, gentleness and wonder that so many people lack these days. I truly hope that someone will pick up the mantle and continue his research. He would not want his legacy to pass with him.?

March 16, 2014 at 9:09 am
  16. Tye A. Hampton

My deepest condolences to the Dr’s family. Although I never personally had the honor to meet him, I wanted to add…He was a courageous man that helped millions including myself to see the truth. He will be greatly missed by us all.
    Respectfully.

March 16, 2014 at 10:14 am
  17. Elaine Garfield

my deepest sympathy to his family friends and colleagues. He was one of a kind and will be sorely missed.

March 16, 2014 at 1:33 pm
  18. Stephanie

I wish I had the chance to know you better, I was just a child when I last saw you, so very small, did you influence me even way back then. Is it your fault I keep my eye on the sky?

I hope so.

March 16, 2014 at 2:15 pm
  19. Tyler Moss

A very sad day indeed. Your legend will live on as one of the pioneers that changed the world. SINCERE CONDOLENCES AND MUCH THANKS FOR ALL YOU DID FOR UFOLOGY

March 16, 2014 at 3:38 pm
  20. John

RIP

March 16, 2014 at 3:55 pm
  21. Al Bowman

My sympathies to the family. He will be deeply missed. Always enjoyed his interviews and he really tried to investigate this issue. I was very sorry to hear this news.

March 16, 2014 at 5:50 pm
  22. Simon Sharman

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dr Leir. He showed extraordinary courage in his work, and he leaves a space that can never be filled.

March 16, 2014 at 6:56 pm
  23. Vicki Byrum

God bless you, Roger Leir, and may God bless your family at this difficult time. Such a loss to the whole world. You will be greatly missed. What a fearless pioneer.

March 16, 2014 at 8:44 pm
  24. Phil Cooper

Are any further details available? Where and when was he born, where and when did he die?

March 16, 2014 at 10:20 pm
  25. Janice Olson

Met this wonderful man @ the Conscious Life Expo in LA a couple yrs ago and was enchanted. What a sweetheart. He will be sadly missed.

March 16, 2014 at 10:21 pm
  26. Jaimey Perham

rip dr…

March 16, 2014 at 10:36 pm
  27. John Greenewald

When I first began in the UFO field, Dr. Leir and the then Ventura/Santa Barbara MUFON chapter invited me to do my first lecture ever. I was 17 at the time, and that speech was then given to the MUFON International Symposium in Dearborn, Michigan, thanks in large part to Dr. Leir’s recommendation.

Dr. Leir was one of my longest-standing friends in the field. Dr. Leir was one of the first people I met, now well over 17 years ago.

Not too long ago, I worked on getting Dr. Leir a small stack of documents from the U.S. Government that mentioned his name, and which will be featured in his next book.

Dr. Leir and I hosted a radio show together called Millennium Mysteries for a while, a weekly show where we interviewed people from around the globe on the UFO and related phenomenon. A time I will NEVER FORGET. We had a blast…

He was my friend and colleague, and someone I owe a lot of thanks to for helping take The Black Vault where it is today.

Dr. Leir is going to be sorely missed.

Sincerely,

John Greenewald, Jr.
    The Black Vault

March 17, 2014 at 4:41 am
  28. BlueAlien

Dr. Roger Leir died on Friday, March 14, after a long illness. He is survived by his wife and daughter.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/dr-roger-leir-dies#ixzz2wDqDUdBs

March 17, 2014 at 5:25 am
  29. Timothy Cullen

I learned of Roger’s passing Sunday and am GREATLY sorrowed. With my public acknowledgment of his alien implant surgeries and research I accompanied Dr. Leir at several conferences. We presented opening remarks the 2000 UFO Congress in Laughlin,NV. I was also the actual “human being” that was referenced to on several tv programs that dealt with Dr. Leir’s research. I cannot begin to express the admiration that I have for this man and his family.

March 17, 2014 at 8:11 am
  30. AJ

My deepest condolences go to Dr. Roger Leir’s family, associates and his friends. Dr. Leir gave much of himself both personally and professionally in order to help those who were directly impacted by Contact. His passing is a great loss to Ufology. His research and his legacy through AlienScalpel.com must continue forward. One only had to hear his voice and read his research to know he was a sincere, caring and meticulous podiatrist and researcher, and someone who had made a great discovery: physical evidence of implanted objects with highly unusual – sometimes amazing – properties. Whether these objects eventually turn out to be of extraterrestrial or terrestrial origin is not as important as the fact that their technology is highly advanced and they were placed in people unknowingly, against their will. Dr. Leir will be remembered for bringing this unusual technology, and these unusual personal events, into the light of day. I urge you to continue your support in his name. In Sympathy – AJ

March 17, 2014 at 9:21 am
  31. DF Edwards

So sad to hear of Dr Leir’s death. He was a true pioneer in the field of alien implants and his research will be remembered for years to come. RIP Dr Leir and my his family find peace.

March 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm
  32. Lenard Halfacre

Prayers and deepest condolences, from our family to yours, and thank you to Dr. L’s family for sharing him with us over the years, he will be truly missed!

March 17, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  33. Michael Nelson

You will be missed by many but never forgotten. God Bless.

March 17, 2014 at 6:52 pm
  34. Renée Neumann

Dr. Leir will go down in history as a kind and brave man who sought only the path to truth, and to help people along the way.

March 17, 2014 at 9:12 pm
  35. Joe Pav

You now know the truth.
    Rest in Peace
    You will be missed.

March 17, 2014 at 10:26 pm
  36. lo in

Seeking truth is Noble.

March 17, 2014 at 11:06 pm
  37. Alan Foster

We were deeply saddened to hear of Dr. Roger Leir’s passing. His contribution to UFOlogy is immeasurable, as he has given credibility to abductees’ claims, by removing and analysing suspected alien implants. His work complemented that done by the late Prof. John Mack and Budd Hopkins, giving us deeper insight into the behaviour and motivations of some alien species. His professionalism was matched by his approachability, which was an equally important attribute to those who sought his advice, with difficult subjects to discuss. He will be hugely missed.

Alan and Philippa Foster.

March 18, 2014 at 7:59 am
  38. Jean Warren

My deepest condolences to the family. Dr Leif will be remembered with great respect.

March 18, 2014 at 10:34 am
  39. Paul Tice

I am Dr. Leir’s publisher and am deeply saddened by his passing. I had worked very closely with him for the past two months getting his new book ready, but during this time he gave little indication of his illness. He was driven to get this final book done and as soon as it was ready, he passed on. Roger had approved the final proof and was waiting to hear from me to tell him that his new book is being printed — which it is. I now have no one to tell, so am posting here. The only good news out of this sad time is that he in fact finished his final work. He was going to give me a list of those who would review the book and get the word out for him. This is NOT about a publisher trying to make money. This is Dr. Leir’s legacy that deserves to be heard. I will send a free copy to any reputable magazine, website or reviewer that is willing to review his final work. Email paul@thebooktree.com. He wanted to keep the title of the book secret until it was released. It is: UFOs Do Not Exist: The Greatest Lie that Enveloped the World. Foreword written by former astronaut, Edgar Mitchell.

March 18, 2014 at 3:08 pm
  40. chris ellsworth

I Love You Dr. Leir.

March 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm
  41. tesla

Tesla Martin needs you to contact her by email
    I have the xrays
    Please contact me and I will gladly send them over to you.

March 18, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  42. scolbern

Sure, my e-mail is: s_colbern@yahoo.com I would love to see your X-rays.

March 19, 2014 at 6:45 pm
  43. Carol

RIP Dr. Leir, will miss you on CoasttoCoast.

March 19, 2014 at 8:03 pm
  44. Jeanette

We will all miss hearing him on Coast to Coast. His work is so amazing. I have still so many questions. I had just written an email the other week. I really hope that someone will take over where his work left off. So much we all need to know. May your spirit guide them well.

March 20, 2014 at 5:21 am
  45. scolbern

Yes, we will. Dr. Leir was an exceptional human being in just about every way, and was a close friend, in addition to being a great research partner. I will be taking over the research, and will be coming out with more results on object #17, the latest object to be removed, soon.
    If anyone wouold like to donate to continuing Dr. Leir’s research, please go to my website, http://www.alienevidenceinc.webs.com, or contact me at s_colbern@yahoo.com, or (805) 746-7402. A big thank you to all of our fans and supporters who have followed and supported the research over the years.

March 20, 2014 at 7:38 am
  46. cameron datzker

I would like to express my condolences to Dr. Roger Leir’s Family, Friends, and all the many patients he treated for Alien Implants or as a Podiatrist.
    I’m a broadcaster for LA TALK RADIO and XM Radio, and Dr. Roger Leir was going to go on my show to talk about his latest book, Chopped Liver. As a Medical Doctor He was the best and cared about his patients as a Man who studied UFO He wanted to express the truth to many. Friday Night, March 21st We will have a talk show dedicated to the life of Dr. Roger Leir, We expect to have MUFON Northern California Director Ruben, Unsealed Alien Files and Unsealed Conspiracy Files Producer Vince Rotonda and many others to talk about the life of this great man. My Show will be live on http://www.latalkradio.com/cameron.php, or you can get us live through Skype Radio, Yahoo Radio and thru Both Apple and Android Devices. Our show is at 8-9pm, live from Los Angeles. Our Phone Number is 1-323-203-0815. Please share memories of what Dr. Leir has meant to you.

March 20, 2014 at 11:18 pm
  47. Bridget

“Nothing can make up for the absence of someone we love, and it would be wrong to try to find a substitute: we must simply hold out and see it through. That sounds very hard at first, but at the same time it is a great consolation, for the gap, as long as it remains unfilled, preserves the bonds between us. It is nonsense to say that God fills this gap, God doesn’t fill it, but on the contrary, keeps it empty and so helps us to keep alive our former communion with each other, even at the cost of pain.” Pastor Deitrich Bunhoeffer

March 22, 2014 at 4:43 pm
  48. Mike

I am truly saddened by Dr. Roger Leir’s passing. I was shocked and moved to tears when I heard about his passing in a recent UFO documentary. He always looked healthy when he appeared on camera, so can anyone out there explain what happened to him? People who loved, respected and followed this man want answers! His work was prolific in the UFO community. Thanks to Dr. Leir, UFO implants are now being taken seriously.

April 7, 2014 at 10:22 am
  49. scolbern

Thank you for your concern and your kind words about Dr. Leir. He died of an apparent heart attack, just prior to vascular surgery on his left leg, to restore the circulation to the point where an ulcer on his left ankle would heal. He had previously had vascular surgery on his right leg, for the same reason. Dr. Leir had had vascular and cardiac problems for many years, and the heart attack that killed him was his fourth, or fifth, one.
    So, the immediate cause of his death does not appear to have been foul play, if that is what you are getting at, but he was involved in a mysterious automobile accident, in the Summer of 2011, in which he lost control of a car on a freeway in LA county. He told me that he was going fast on the freeway, heard a large “bang” under the hood, and immediately lost steering control. After this, he went off an embankment and hit a tree, which saved him from plunging the rest of the way down the steep slope. I consulted with a mechanic, and was told that there is no ordinary mechanical cause that he is aware of that would cause a large bang under the hood of a vehicle, followed by a loss of steering control.
    After this accident, Dr. Leir’s health deteriorated, and he contracted a bad case of shingles, probably from the stress he had suffered. This resulted in a large, shingles ulcer on his right ankle, which would not heal because of inadequate blood flow. The ulcer finally got infected, and Dr. Leir had to have heavy antibiotics, hyperbaric oxygen treatments, skin grafts, and a very risky vascular surgery to finally correct the problem.
    After a few months of being in relatively good, but shaky, health, Dr. Leir had a minor accident in which he dropped a book on his other ankle, which caused a similar ulcer on that ankle, which also would not heal. The pain of this new ulcer caused his health to deteriorate further, and was apparently too much for his heart. He was found near death in a hospital restroom, after excusing himself to go to the bathroom, during a pre-surgery examination and died soon after. He was a great friend, and research partner, and I will miss him greatly.

April 8, 2014 at 5:25 pm
  50. Pengyu

Thanks for Dr. Roger Leir .

Did anyone can let us know what happened on his death ?

April 10, 2014 at 6:10 pm
Newer Comments »

Continuing the Discussion

1. Dr. Roger Leir, Researcher of Alleged Alien Implants, Has Died (Remembrance Video by Jose Escamilla) : Conscious Life News

[...] Roger K. Leir has died, according to a March 15 post at the late podiatrist and ufologist’s website, ‘Alien Scalpel’. The Southern [...]

March 16, 201410:02 am
  2. Fallece Roger Leir, el doctor que aseguraba haber removido implantes alienígenas de abducidos | MysteryPlanet.com.ar

[...] acuerdo a un reciente post en su sitio oficial, el Dr. Roger Leir falleció en el día de ayer. El podólogo, escritor e [...]

March 16, 20147:25 pm

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.